Frequently asked questions
Here you will find answers to the frequently asked questions about the famous Czech herbal liqueur – Becherovka.
- Is Becherovka a herbal liqueur?
Yes, Becherovka is a traditional herbal liqueur produced in Karlovy Vary according to a secret recipe since 1807. It belongs to the Bitters category.
- What is Becherovka made of?
Becherovka is based on pure water, high quality spirit, sugar and a balanced mix of herbs and spices. It does not contain any artificial ingredients, colourants or preservatives.
- What nutritional values do Becherovka products have?
You can find nutritional information for Becherovka products here.
- How long does Becherovka Original last? Can it expire?
Depending on the storage conditions Becherovka can last for many years since it is a product with high alcohol content.
- How to store Becherovka?
There are no specific storage conditions for our products. However, it is recommended to serve Becherovka Original ice-cold. Lemond should be served chilled, same as Becherovka Unfiltered which is recommended to shake well and serve on the rocks.
- Is Becherovka packaging focused on sustainability?
Becherovka is bottled into glass bottles. All packaging components are recyclable.
- Is Becherovka vegetarian?
Yes. All Becherovka products are vegetarian.
- Does Becherovka contain gluten or any other allergens?
Becherovka Original does NOT contain neither gluten not any other allergens.
- Is Becherovka Kosher/Halal?
The product is not Kosher unless it is specified on the label. We produce a special Kosher batch and it is indicated on the label. The product is not Halal.
- Can I visit Becherovka in Karlovy Vary in the Czech Republic?
Of course, you are most welcome! Our visitor’s centre The Home of Becherovka and the production site are ready for your visit. Book your tickets and find all relevant information via https://www.homeofbecherovka.com
- Can Becherovka become a sponsor of my event, festival or a party?
Each Pernod Ricard Affiliate is taking care of sponsorship agreements. Send us your request via email@example.com and we will connect you with the responsible person.
- I am going to open a bar. Who should I contact regarding Becherovka portfolio?
If you are in the Czech Republic, please contact the sales representative of your region here. For export countries please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whom can I contact at Jan Becher Pernod Ricard regarding open positions or trainee programs?
Please find all open positions at Jan Becher Pernod Ricard here: https://pernod–ricard.jobs.cz
- What should I do in case my Becherovka bottle is broken, tastes weird, different from what I know or even bad?
Please be careful and contact us immediately by filling the form in the section CONTACT.